Thursday 22 May 2014

Project Proposal
Major Project Animation 2014: ‘Rainy Days’


The purpose of this project is to produce a 2D animated short that will show off my skills and abilities to the world and prospective employers. I will be producing my final project using 2D animating software such as Flash and Corel painter as well as Photoshop and after effects for additional techniques to get the desired effects that I want and further develop my expertise in the 2D art form.



The project must be a length of 30sec to 1:30min, to fit the specifications required. I will therefore be aiming to complete my animation in a time of 40-50 seconds so that I can show off what I want in a shorter amount of time and still allow the story to be clear to the audience. I believe this to be an ‘ideal’ time for the final animation as it is just long enough to get everything I want in and not too short that the film becomes unclear. 



To begin the animation process I will need to produce concept designs, backgrounds, develop the story, story board and produce a clear and professional, high quality animatic that can effectively tell the story in its simplest form. After all of the pre-production processes have been completed I will then progress to start animating, I still am yet to decide what the most effective approach is to allow me to get the desired effect, I will begin by animating roughly on flash first of all (outline animation) I will then go on to place the flash files into Corel Painter which I will then be able to use to colour in the pre animated scenes with different paint textures to give my animation a traditional and animated Hybrid style. These paint styles will be decided as I progress with the development of the animation.



There will be key aspects that I will need to take into consideration when producing my film, these are:  Interesting and effective camera angles, composition, Continuity, Audience Interaction and Character Interaction.
My aims for this film are for it to be engaging, fun and mystical so that it may have the possibility of bringing back memories to older generations as well as exciting younger audiences.
I also aim to reach international audiences by uploading my final film to the web to create interest in my work as well as giving people something unusual and quirky to look at and hopefully bring joy and happiness to those who may view it.


_________________________________________________________________


Key elements of my film:

Characters: I will have a maximum of 10 characters in my film 2 of them will be human and my main characters; the others will be fantasy paint animals. These characters must have a strong design that will allow audiences to clearly identify with them and immediately establish an audience/character bond to make the animation as effective as possible.



Backgrounds: The backgrounds will be produced using Photoshop and will be have a similar aesthetic to a Cotswold village, quite, picturesque and magical.



Sound: I will be using a variety of sounds throughout my animation and will be trying to find someone to compose some music for the film. There is no dialogue in this short.




The animation must be completed by the 7/5/2014 and rendered using correct formatting so that it can be viewed on a variety of screens as well as being compatible with DVD and online uploading. I will be aiming to complete the above by the 25/4/2014 so that I can tweak and rectify any issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment